This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks.
I have been really into making Halloween costumes since the boys were born. I don’t care much for holidays in general but I LOVE making things! And costumes are always so much fun coming up with and creating.
So I thought, why not create an add-on costume accessory to this Kitty Plush!!! Make the Kitty black and it’s perfect for Halloween! Spooky and cute at the same time.
You can make this hat to go with my Kitty Plush pattern, creating ear holes so it fits snugly. OR you can make it without the holes so it will fit on any other type of creature. It could definitely work for yourself as well if you attached it to a headband.
You can make it in 2 colors or all the same!
The pattern below is for the Witch Hat add-on. If you’d like to make the Kitty Plush to go along with it, you can find that pattern HERE! If you also like the little mini pumpkin in some of the photos, you can find that pattern HERE! 🙂
A couple of disclaimers: This pattern is intended for personal use only. You are welcome to use the pattern to make and sell products, to keep for yourself, or to give away as gifts. I would appreciate receiving credit and a link back to the site, however. Please do not republish or distribute the pattern in any way, or use my photos in your listings.
I am not a robot, so if you find any typos, errors, or places that need clarification, please let me know so that I can fix my mistakes or offer extra guidance. 🙂
I hope you enjoy this crochet pattern. If you have any questions or comments you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR through the contact page on this site. I’d also love to see your finished creations! 🙂
Halloween Kitty Plush Witch Hat
Big Twist Value Yarn, Medium Worsted Weight 4 (100% Acrylic, 371 yds, 6 oz) Purple, <1 skein, Green, <1 skein
G/6 4.25mm Hook
Tapestry needle to weave in ends
Written in US terms
Sl st- Slip stitch
SC- Single Crochet
2SC- Single Crochet Increase, Do 2 SC in same stitch to increase
Worked in joined rounds. Each round will begin with a Ch 1 and end with a sl st to the first stitch of the round.
In Main Color
1) Using the Magic Ring technique (OR Ch 3 and join with a sl st to first ch to form a loop) SC 4 in loop. (4)
2) SC in each around. (4)
3) 2SC in next stitch, SC in next 3. (5)
4) SC in next 4, 2SC in last. (6)
5) SC in each around. (6)
6) 2SC in next stitch, SC in next 5. (7)
7) SC in next 3, 2SC in next, SC in remaining 3. (8)
8) *2SC in next, SC in next 3;* repeat from * to * around. (10)
9) *2SC in next, SC in next 4;* repeat from * to * around. (12)
10) *SC in next 5, 2SC in next stitch;* repeat from * to * around. (14)
11) *2SC in next, SC in next 6;* repeat from * to * around. (16)
12) *SC in next 7, 2SC in next stitch;* repeat from * to * around. (18)
13) *2SC in next, SC in next 8;* repeat from * to * around. (20)
Switch to Band Color
14) *SC in next 2, 2SC in next stitch;* repeat from * to * around, SC in remaining 2. (26)
If you’re making this to fit your Kitty Plush, continue with Rounds 15 and 16 to create the ear holes. If you are making this for another reason or you just don’t want the ear holes, continue with Rounds 15b and 16b.
15) SC in next 7, Ch 4, skip next 2, SC in next 9 stitches, Ch 4, skip next 2, SC in remaining 6. (22 SC, 8 Ch, 4 skipped)
16) SC in next 7, SC 4 into Ch-space, SC in next 9 stitches, SC 4 into Ch-space, SC in remaining 6. (30)
15b) *SC in next 5, 2SC in next, SC in next 6, 2SC in next;* repeat from * to * around. (30)
16b) SC in each around. (30)
For both styles from here on.
Switch to Main Color
17) SC in each around. (30)
18) *SC in next, 2SC in next;* repeat from * to * around. (45)
19) *2SC in next, SC in next;* repeat from * to * around, SC in last. (67)
20) SC in each around. (67)
Finish Off. Weave in all ends.
Be sure to Check out the Related patterns: