This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks.
So sadly, I’m not a big wine drinker. I really want to be. I really enjoy the culture and the sophistication that comes with drinking wine. I’m just not that into it. I do not have the refined palate it takes to be a connoisseur for sure. I do like the really sweet wines and Sangria is delicious. But that’s about where my preference ends. I do fully support other people’s wine-drinking habits though! That’s why I whipped up these fun little Stemless Wine Glass Coozies!
Stemless glasses have been super popular and I had a friend ask for some vinyled as a gift and while I was doing that I thought, I could definitely crochet something to go with these! And so I did. 🙂
It’s a really basic design with a cute little crab stitch around the top. I love using the crab stitch on simple things because it adds just enough extra but still keeps it simple. Any color you chose would look adorable!
The lettering on these were made with my vinyl cutting machine but there are so many places you can get decals already made (or make your own if you have your own cutter). You definitely don’t need to have a fun saying either, the coozie is enough!
Quick disclaimer though-not all Stemless Wine Glasses are created equal. The ones I used were from Target (these ones) but I’ve seen the same style in other places. The set I used had a more rounded base (I really want to say it had a ‘fat-bottom’ but I’m not sure that makes sense to anyone else!) This 12-piece set from Amazon looks to be about the same shape and size too.
A couple of disclaimers: This pattern is intended for personal use only. You are welcome to use the pattern to make and sell products, to keep for yourself, or to give away as gifts. I would appreciate receiving credit and a link back to the site, however. Please do not republish or distribute the pattern in any way, or use my photos in your listings.
I am not a robot, so if you find any typos, errors, or places that need clarification, please let me know so that I can fix my mistakes or explain things differently. 🙂
I hope you enjoy this crochet pattern. If you have any questions or comments you can leave them below OR email me at email@example.com OR through the contact page on this site. I’d also love to see your finished creations! 🙂
Don’t forget to Pin this pattern on Pinterest HERE!!!
You can also add it to your Ravelry queue OR buy an ad-free, printable, PDF-download HERE!!!
Stemless Wine Glass Coozie
- Lily Sugar ‘n Cream, Medium Worsted Weight 4 (100% Cotton, 120 yds, 2.5 oz) any color, 1 skein- Approx. 40 yds for each coozie
- H/8 5.0mm Hook
- Needle for weaving in ends
(Pattern is written in US terms)
- Ch- Chain
- Sl st- Slip Stitch
- SC- Single Crochet
- 2SC- Single Crochet Increase, 2 Single Crochet into the same stitch
- DEC- Single Crochet Decrease, Using the Invisible Decrease method, insert hook up through front loops of next 2 stitches, yarn over, pull through front loops, yarn over, pull through to finish decrease
- Crab Stitch/Reverse Single Crochet- Insert hook into stitch behind your hook (for right-handers this will be to the right of your hook, for left-handers this will be to the left of your hook), Yarn Over, pull through stitch, Yarn Over, Pull through remaining loops. See below for video steps.
Each round begins with a Ch 1 and ends with a sl st to the first stitch of the round. Ch 1 does not count as a stitch.
The gauge for this will depend on the exact size and shape of your glass. For the style and size that I used, you should have a circle around 2″ in diameter after Round 4. If your glass is a little thinner and taller you can skip the last increase round and add to the top until you reach the height you need.
1) Using the Magic Ring technique (OR Ch 3 and join with a sl st to first ch to form a loop), SC 8. (8)
2) 2SC in each around. (16)
3) *SC in next, 2SC* Repeat from * to * around. (24)
4) *SC in next 2, 2SC* Repeat from * to * around. (32)
5) SC in each around. (32)
6) *SC in next 3, 2SC* Repeat from * to * around. (40)
7) SC in each around. (40)
8) *SC in next 4, 2SC* Repeat from * to * around. (48)
9-14) SC in each around. (48)
15) *SC in next 10, DEC* Repeat from * to * around. (44)
16) Crab Stitch in each around. (44)
Finish off, weave in ends.