For real. I can NOT get over how cute this thing is! I loved the Adipose plush pattern that I made and thought that I should try to come up with a smaller version that would up quicker. I definitely hit the jackpot on these! They are so quick to make! In no time you can have your own little fat baby army! 🙂
Worsted yarn, I used Red Heart Super Saver in Aran
Small amount of black yarn, or crochet thread for the mouth
(2) 6 mm safety eyes (I ordered this package from Amazon.)
Stitches Used: (in US terms)
Bobble- *Yarn Over, Insert hook into stitch, Yarn Over, Pull through, Yarn Over, Pull through 2 loops* Repeat from * to * 3 more times, until you have 5 loops on your hook, Yarn Over, Pull through 5 remaining loops.
TBobble- Triple Bobble (I’m sure I didn’t make up this stitch but I hadn’t come across it before and calling it a ‘TBobble’ makes me chuckle.) *Yarn Over twice (like you are about to do a triple crochet), Insert hook into stitch, Yarn Over, Pull Through, Yarn Over, Pull through 2 loops, Yarn over, pull through 2 loops* Repeat from * to * 3 more times until you have 5 loops on your hook, Yarn Over, Pull through 5 remaining loops.
Dec- SC dec
Worked in a continuous round, use a stitch marker to keep track of your place.
1) 8 SC into MR (8)
2) 2SC in next stitch, Bobble, 2SC in next 3, Bobble, 2SC in last 2 (12 SC, 2 Bobbles)
3) *SC, 2SC* Repeat from * to * around (21)
4) *SC 2, 2SC* Repeat from * to * around (28)
5-6) SC around (28)
7) SC 5, DEC, DEC, SC 10, DEC, DEC, SC 5 (24)
8) SC 5, DEC, SC 10, DEC, SC 5 (22)
9) SC 5, TBobble, SC 10, TBobble, SC 5 (You could use a regular Bobble here if you wanted, the TBobble just make the arms stand out more.) (20 SC, 2 TBobble)
10) SC 5, 2SC, SC 10, 2SC, SC 5 (24)
11-12) SC around (24)
13) *SC 6, DEC* Repeat from * to * around (21)
14) SC around (21)
15) *SC, DEC* Repeat from * to * around (14)
Here you should put on the eyes and mouth. I flatten out the little guy and count in about 4 stitches from each side and place an eye between Round 11 and 12. Make adjustments though if you like them another way! In the Round below the eyes and centered between them stitch on a little mouth with your black thread or yarn.
16) DEC around (7)
Finish off, leave a tail to sew shut the hole.
There he is! The cutest little fat ball there is!
Note: This pattern is available for free. You are welcome to use the pattern to make and sell products. I would appreciate receiving credit and a link back to the site. Please do not republish or distribute the pattern in any way, or use my photos in your listings.
Also, these patterns are untested by anyone other than myself at this point. If you find any errors or places that need clarification, please let me know so that I can fix my mistakes.
If you would like to make a bigger, squishier Adipose, check out my Adipose Plush pattern!! You could make a whole Adipose family! Ha! (Yes, I know technically they are all babies…)