I love the look of crochet hats but don’t feel like I pull them off well. And if I have to wear a scarf I always feel like there’s too much going on where my hair goes a million ways. So for practicality’s sake when I need the warmth I pretty much always go for a scarf and Earwarmer combo.
These Earwarmers are especially cozy! The double layer makes them super warm and squishy! You can do any combination of colors to add a pop or a single solid color would make the texture really stand out.
Double Cozy Earwarmers
Big Twist Sincerely, Medium Worsted Weight 4 (100% Acrylic, 322 yds, 6 oz) in 2 colors, 1 skein each
Sl st- Slip Stitch
HDC- Half Double Crochet
BPSC- Back Post Single Crochet
TC- Triple Crochet
Ch 60, sl st to first to join. Be careful not to twist the starting chain. (You can adjust your chain to fit bigger or smaller, just do it in increments of 5.)
In Color A
1-9) Ch 1, HDC in each chain around. Sl st to top of first HDC to join. (60)
10) Ch 1, BPSC around. Sl st to top of first BPSC to join. (60)
In Color B
11) Ch 1, SC in the top of each BPSC around. Sl st to top of first HDC to join. (60)
12) Ch 5 (counts as TC, Ch), TC in joining stitch, Skip 2, *(TC, Ch 1, TC) in next, Skip 2*. Repeat from * to * around. Sl st to 4th chain of starting chain to join. (40 TC, 20 Ch 1 spaces)
13-15) Sl st to the middle of Ch 5 and TC of last round. Ch 5, TC in same space. * (TC, Ch 1, TC) in next Ch 1 space* Repeat from * to * around. Sl st to 4th chain of starting chain to join. (40 TC, 20 Ch 1 spaces)
16) Ch 1, SC in each stitch around (tops of the TC and into the Ch 1 spaces). Sl st to first SC to join. (60)
Fold in half here (wrong sides will be together, fold will be at the BPSC round)
In Color A
17) Ch 1, SC through tops of SC stitches AND through the bottom of the
starting chain. Continue around. Sl st to top of first SC to join. (60)
Finish off. Weave in ends.
I stepped outside to get a picture but the cloud coverage and wind were not having. These pics made me laugh though. I should also mention the even though it was cold and a little rainy my ears were nice and warm! 😉